Saturday, March 28, 2015

(Photos) Cal-Sag Trail in Palos Heights

On Thursday I visited my hometown of Palos Heights, Illinois. Of course I took some photographs.


That is the Cal-Sag Trail. While still a work in progress, the land on the banks of the Cal-Sag Channel is no longer an unofficial rubbish dump accented with limestone boulders--although the rocks along the canal were pretty cool. This photo was taken from Harlem Avenue looking west.


Cal-Sag is short for Calumet-Saganashkee Channel. The canal connects the Calumet River with the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal--it's 16 miles long.


I don't believe this trail, which is on the opposite bank of the section of the pathway pictured on top, is a sanctioned section of the Cal-Sag Trail. This photograph, which was captured last August, was snapped while I was facing east on the Southwest Highway bridge.

No comments: